If you and your partner are ready to start a family, buying a home will be a priority and in Thailand, the best option is always to live within a secure gated community. With so many properties on the market, it can seem like a major challenge to make a decision on where to purchase, and with that in mind, we have compiled a list of things to look for when buying your first home.
- Natural Surroundings – Of course, you want the development to look natural, much like this amazing house project in Chonburi (called โครงการ บ้านจัดสรร ชลบุรี in Thai) that surrounds a small lake. Living in a rural environment is good for the soul and when you arrive home after a hard day at the office, you can relax and enjoy the sights and sounds of nature.
- Round the Clock Security – This is essential during these troubling times and with security manned entrances and exits, you can rest assured that only authorised people can enter. Most housing developments in Thailand offer manned security and when you are away for your annual foreign holiday, you can rest assured that your home is safe and secure.
- Communal Amenities – A communal swimming pool is a real luxury that you can enjoy; some development utilise saltwater for the communal pool, which is always maintained to the highest standards for the residents to use at their leisure. There should be a fully-equipped gym, where you can work out and many developments take this one step further and manage a sports centre that is also open to the public.
- Essential Shopping – There should be at least one convenience store, if not a couple, depending on the size of the complex, while many have at least one good restaurant that also delivers to your door. This means you don’t have to leave the village just for some coffee or orange juice and there might also be a laundry service and even a massage centre!
- Easy Payment System – Buying your first home can be a very costly experience and if you find a project where there’s nothing to pay for 3 years, this would be ideal. There are housing developments such as this, where you can also obtain low-interest home loans and some are even fully furnished and ready to occupy.
Fortunately, it is very much a buyer’s market regarding real estate and you can take your time and look for a project with all of the above, and more.